Darren Shields 6 times NZ Spearfishing Champion, representative to 4 World Spearfishing events, also many South Pacific spearfishing competitions. Winner of many regional competitions numerous times within NZ.
- Has dived from the tip of Stewart Island to the Chatham Islands, Fiordland and up to the Hokitika Trench 50 miles off Greymouth filming the giant pacific Bluefin tuna, north to the Three Kings and beyond to the Wanganella Banks.
- Successful spearfishing guide for many years with world record catches, and many class fish for customers.
- Spearfishing equipment seller for more than 20 years.
- Opened the first full time Spearfishing Store in NZ in 2001
- Writer for Dive and Fishing mags.
- Author of spearfishing book Chase the Adventure, producer of the first 2 spearfishing DVDs to be launched in NZ.
- Underwater cameraman for renowned fishing TV show. Now has own segment on The Black Magic Fishing Show
- Produced 8 spearfishing DVDs
Darren has dived the following areas: (As well as the whole of NZ) - Australia: Melbourne, Adelaide, Whyalla, Baird Bay, Port Stephens, Coffs Harbour, Tweed heads, Brisbane, Stradbroke Island, Morton Islnd, Sunshine Coast, Coral Sea Europe: Spain, Croatia, Brazil,Peru, Hawaii
Tropics: Solomans, Nuie, Tonga, Vanuatu, New Caledonia, Tahiti, Fiji, Great Barrier Reef (Australia)
Email or call for info on any of the above dive spots.